BROOKLINE, Mass. –
Towson University senior Billy Lennox
collected two hits and drove in three runs in the Tigers 23-6 setback to Northeastern Saturday afternoon.
Northeastern 23, Towson 6
Towson (12-30, 5-9 CAA), Northeastern (24-13, 11-3 CAA)
NU leads 2-0
Friedman Diamond (Brookline, Mass.)
How it Happened
- The Huskies came out swinging and scored nine runs in the first inning.
- NU scored in each of the first six innings.
Inside the Boxscore
- TU got on the board in the first inning as Lennox tripled to right center and scored when Colin Gimblet singled up the middle.
- The Huskies came right back and singled on the first pitch of the bottom of the first. It set the tone as they plated nine runs in the frame.
- The Tigers came right back in the second as they loaded the bases on a single from Andrew Cassard, Logan Burke was hit by a pitch and Dirk Masters walked.
- Richie Palacios followed with a walk to score a run and Lennox drove in two runs with a double to right center.
- NU had yet another answer as they scored the next 14 runs over the next five innings.
- The Tigers finally got back on the board in the ninth as Lennox and Craig Alleyne each drew walks with the bases loaded.
- Michael Adams (3-5) took the loss after allowing nine runs on six hits in one-third of an inning.
- Brian Christian (2-5) allowed four runs on five hits in picking up the win.
- Billy Lennox extended his hit streak to 15 games with a triple in the first inning.
- Lennox finished 2-for-4 with a double, triple and three RBIs.
- Richie Palacios singled in his final at bat for the 199th hit of his career.
- Mason Anderson did not allow a hit over two shutout innings.
- Anderson also had his first career at-bat. He struck out after fouling off a pitch for strike two.
The teams close out the three-game series Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m.