BOX SCORE WASHINGTON, D.C.
– Towson sees trouble on the road Tuesday night, falling 76-63 to George Washington.
scored 17 to lead the team, while Danielle Durjan
scored 14 and Nukiya Mayo
scored 12. Freshman Aislinn Flynn
saw her first collegiate start and led the team in rebounds with eight.
How it Happened
- Freshman Aislinn Flynn recorded her first career start and opened the offensive effort with five points to put Towson ahead 5-0 in the first minute.
- Foul trouble put George Washington in a better position in the second portion of the first period, as the home team went 6-for-6 at the line in the first 10 minutes, putting the Colonials ahead by three at the end of the quarter.
- In the second period the home team outscored the Tigers 19-15, as Towson continued to send the Colonials to the line. At the end of the first half the foul ratio was 14-5, favoring GW.
- At the half, redshirt sophomore Kionna Jeter was leading the team with 12 points, while Nukiya Mayo and Flynn each had two steals, Q. Murray had three assists. Danielle Durjan had four rebounds, along with Flynn and Mayo.
- The Tigers fought in the early minutes of the third period, but the Colonials continued to score and hold an advantage, leading 48-34 at the first media timeout of the half.
- With a burst of power Towson held GW to just six points in the next four minutes, trailing 54-40 with 1:17 to go in the third.
- While the road team was pushing on both ends of the court, the Colonials continued to extend their lead, ahead 61-46 with six minutes to play.
- At the end Towson saw three players fouled out, with a foul differential of 31-19 with GW attempting 38 free throws.
The Tigers continue on the road, facing No. 12 Syracuse on Sunday afternoon.